Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming Memory Thru the Parallel Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I've been scouting on the net for good schematics to do various types of EEPROM programming...I scrounged up an old SST29EE010 which is a page-mode EEPROM. Being myself, I felt like building my own programmer instead of using a seemingly much more complicated (and expensive) programmer. This programmer uses a parallel port for data transfer. Pins 2,3,4 run to the data and two address shift registers, respectively. Pin 5 is the CLK for the shift registers and pin 6 controls the clear. Because I'm using 74LS164's (first serial to parallel shift regs I found thru Google) they have two inputs, to act kind of like an "enable." Pin 7 controls this enable, while pin 8 controls the write enable of the EEPROM. I know the EEPROM is a 1mb EEPROM and has 17 address lines, while I am only using 16. This is not a problem because the chip is serving as a rudimentry base for a pseudo-BIOS for a robot I'm trying to put together based on an old 286. Anyway, I've made the schematic up to the inclusion of the registers and wanted to make sure it was correct. Any input is appreicated!!! I know I still have more to do and may complely redo the design. I just wanted some feedback/see if I'm going in the right direction...

-TheInfamousBob

EDIT: I deleted the schematic...it was taking up space and not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back