Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming IC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking at programmers so I can program my own PIC's. They all are from $300 up to $1000. My question is, Does any one know where I could find one for maybe under $100?

Thanks,
Kyle

In addition to building one, there are some inexpensive kits for programming pics -- i remember seeing some in the sub 100 range, but do not recall where. I built my own in-circuit programmers for AVRs, PICs, and FPGAs. They work well. One word of caution however, I know on the AVRs it is possible to use the ISP to put your micro into a state from which it cannot be accessed except through the parallel programming method.

hello
the best deal i have found is the Olimex PG2C serial programmer for programming PIC's
**broken link removed**

i got mine at around £10
and then started by ordering some free samples from microchip.com

Kane

Just an allround programmer. So that if I have a project that I need a chip for I can do it myself instead of buying one that is preprogrammed.

Thanks,
Kyle

Try looking at fored.co.uk. their pic programmer costs about fifty pounds, and programs an awful lot of pics. Software updates are available on line on a fairly regular basis. I havent, however, had any luck with their ICE, and woukd like to hear from anyone who has.

why don't you try the**broken link removed**from melabs? It comes with all you need and is quite reliable.
There is also one for the serial port or USB port. Design only for **broken link removed**

Ivancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back