Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming AT89s52

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansika

HI friends,
i am using AT89s52 (44 pin TQFP package) and i want to program that microcontroller for that i have googled so much time and found a circuit in <http://www.ikalogic.com/isp.php> and i connected my micro controller as shown in fig 2 in that website but after running that software to write the hex file it is giving an error <address failed at 0000h>, i dont understand what is this error, can any suggest me whether is there any way to program 89s52 using serial communication with pc(using max232).

Hey Hansika,

I m also running around the same problem, i also have AT89S52 microcontroller and have same problem for finding usable solution for programming it.

I also did lot of goggling and found lot of incomplete information. i have also come across the link you have mentioned, i think you haven't read out the comments section for that page, there many people complained the same thing that you have encounter.

My problem is i don't want to have solution with Parallel port as my computer does not have one, i also don't want a solution which includes other controller on board (with firmware) as then its the same problem to program the firmware in that controller.

if you find something like solution with USB or Serial without inbetween controller, just write me at maxchirag@yahoo.co.in.

I m still doing googling on that. if i will find something , will post here.

thank you for your link i will try it and get back to you whether it is working or not, tell me your result also.

I am also gonna try that today., i was missing some components which i purchased yesterday...

Last edited:
hey srikanthsamaga

Have you build the cable by yourself or you have purchased it from somewhere else?

In case you have built it yourself, can you share the circuit (not the schematic) diagram with me? i have built the circuit according to the same diagram but its not working (see my circuit attached), i would like to fault trace that circuit and will take your circuit as a reference.

Thanks in Advance!

Attachments

• DSC00628.JPG
    DSC00628.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 899
Last edited:
well on schematic, sometimes i don't see all the components, so i call it a circuit where i can see all the components its value and so on.

but anyway, i have managed to program it. the problem is SOLVED.

Thanks Anyway...

what kind help do you need?

be more specific to your question, that will help people answer it properly,

anyway, for me i use Keil IDE for my application development. but Keil is not free software.

for programming in C, you need a cross compiler to compile your C code for 89S52 (or any other controller) there are lot of free cross compiler available. google on cross compiler for 89S52.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back