Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming 16F877 using a RJ11-connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glival

Hi,

Today I received a network-development-board containing a PIC 16F877. The connector used for programming the chip is an RJ11-connector; does anyone know a programmer that uses this connector?

Thanks in advance.

Glival said:
Hi,

Today I received a network-development-board containing a PIC 16F877. The connector used for programming the chip is an RJ11-connector; does anyone know a programmer that uses this connector?

Thanks in advance.

I seem to remember that some of the MicroChip programmers use RJ11 connectors, obviously it needs to be wired correctly for the programmer it's designed to use. I would suggest getting in touch with the board manufacturers, although I would expect the datasheet to tell you what you need.

That should be In-circuit Serial Programmer, which allows u to program on chip and real time debugging.
Doesnt really have to bother what connector that is used, just cut the connector, wire it directly. The connection pins are stated in the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back