Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Program verify failed at program address 0x000, progra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Vivas

This is a classic error that people have some times. I will really apreciate your cooperation to tell us how to fix that problem. It is driving us crazy. :D

like said many times before, it is just an indication programming failed. This can happen for a lot of reasons. It's the same like asking, my TV doesn't work, what's wrong with it... could be anything

- is your MCLR at +- 14V when programming in HVP?
- cabling correct? and when using LPT programmer, cables not too long ?
- is your programming software designed to work correct under your os?
(XP sometimes causes problems)

Ok.....what I have is

* The Vpp is 13.4V....Shold work right?
* The cable lenght is 25cm...Shold work right?
* I am working with the PICALL Sowftware and it is configured to work with P16PRO...Shold work right?
* I have leds indication for it ... and it turns on when I test it trhough the Software.
* The designer says that the Vpp shloud be at 13V...I set it to 13V and it didnt work either.
I havent tried to set it to 14V

what pic are you trying to program, what programmer (p16pro40?)
bought the programmer or made it yourself? ...

OK, I am making it

I am making it based in one design already done, this it the P16PRO not P16PRO40. It is designed by dojan www.picallw.com and I want to program the PIC 16F84A...that is it

1) make sure the low voltage programming option is not set.
2)make sure you R6 and R7 clock and data lines are going to the right place.
3) If there is anything connected to R6 or R7 and your tring to program in circuit. use a resistor between r6 and rest of circuit and r7 and rest of circuit.
4) Try a differnt PIC, that one might be bad
5) make sure if you using a osc. greater then 8mhz the osc. option is set to HS.
6)that's all of the top of my head

The Real MicroMan said:
1) make sure the low voltage programming option is not set.
2)make sure you R6 and R7 clock and data lines are going to the right place.
3) If there is anything connected to R6 or R7 and your tring to program in circuit. use a resistor between r6 and rest of circuit and r7 and rest of circuit.
4) Try a differnt PIC, that one might be bad
5) make sure if you using a osc. greater then 8mhz the osc. option is set to HS.
6)that's all of the top of my head

*. There is not Oscillator for the programmer attended to the Schematic.
*. So you think the PIC is BAD...I hope not...cause it is new
*. Where can I find the "low voltage programming setting" trough Software?

JImmy u need an osc to run the 16F84a, not the programmer, the programmer doesn't have one. Micro man was saying that any osc u use over 8 MHz needs to have the HS (high speed) setting either in the programmer (config/F3) in PICALL or the programs configuration bits ie-

Code:
	__config  _HS_OSC & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF

The low voltage program setting in WinPic is on the front window under fuses, PICALLW does not have this option.

I am also using P16Pro (the first one - only two transistors) and it works
so far on two computers (one desktop 733MHz and one laptop 1.6GHz) but it doesn't work on one with ASUS P2B motherboard and Celeron 433MHz. The cable I use is ca. 1m long (homemade pin-to-pin with 25 wire cable).
Software I use is ic-prog (see www.ic-prog.com).
Hardware setting is the same as posted on the ic-prog website.
I used it so far on couple of different chips including 16F84A (they all worked fine).
MCLR programming voltage is ca. 13.1-13.2V in my case.
Power supply is standard wallwart with selector switch for
voltages 3-4.5-6-7.5-9-12V (I'm using 12V setting). This is the $4 device and of course it is not regulated, but because of low current draw of the
programmer, voltage stays at decent level (ca 14-14.5V).

Hop this helps

Ah ok.

Can you put the schematic graphics to check if it is the same that I mounted? and if it is not I will change it to yours....Thanks

hi,

when i'm programming the 16F877A, i measure the voltage of MCLR pin. the highest i get is around 7v.

So my question is is it when i programming different type of PIC i should get this kind of voltage? Or the voltage to program a PIC is different?

thanks.

7V is too low it should be in the range of 12V-14V.Can you program the chip?Do you get the verify failed error?

If it is program in HVP (High Voltage Programing) mode the MCLR pins voltage should be in the range of 12V-14V.If you get a voltage below that you can't program the PIC in HVP mode.

There was some delay settings to be configured so that vpp should go high before vdd or something like that. I dont recall the exacts but that was the problem when I used david tait design.

hi pkshima,
where should i set the delay?
i'm trying on 16F627A and 16F627 chip. I only manage to program 16F627A but not for 16F627A. anyone has any idea to solve it?

thanks.

hi simpsonss, you will find it somewhere in the programmer settings dialogue of your programming software. If you dont see it you can search the net for your programmer type + software + vpp delay. That should help.
I am assuming that you are not using an ICD2 or Pik2 (clone).

Hai Jimmy Vivas,

Is it programmed once by you or a brand new (un-programmed ) chip?
Have you checked the MCLR voltage at 13V DC?
Please check whether your program you are loading, is with internal or external oscillator.
In case the program is with internal Oscillator, you may need Vpp before Vdd facility in the programmer.
Ensure that the length of cable from parallel port to programmer is minimum.
if you have code Protect ON, better to keep it OFF. Otherwise you ERASE and check for blank condition.This step helps you to understand whether programmer is working, as it has to write all FF in the Chip.

At this stage you try to program
next , try to access the 'SETTINGS', 'OPTIONS', 'PROGRAMMING'
Here set verify during programming and cancel verify after programming

now you may be able to program.
all the best

PS: Did you use 74LS05 (inverted) or another non-inverted. At this stage you may have to configure the hardware on the ic-prog driver to set various bits whether invert or normal. there is a provision for functional checking of each wire using software whether you are getting the output as sought.

Last edited:
hi,

when i have a checking on the MCLR pin from every chip that i manage to program, i found that all the voltage is between 5 to 10v. although it is 5V but i still manage to program it. Why could this happen? How to know whether it is a LVP or a HVP? because doesnt matter i enable or disable the LVP setting i still get the same voltage on MCLR pin.

For vdd pin,the range i get is 2.4v to 3.50 v

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back