Progpic2 Programming software

Status
Not open for further replies.

david miles

Hi.
I am just starting with pic programming.

I have just got my Velleman 8048 programmer board and included software working ( thanks to help from this board! )and have managed to get the example led programme working OK.

Next, I tried to grab some simple programmes off the web, to blink a led. Although I have saved these programmes as .HEX files, each time I try to get the programme into the chip via the Progpic2 software, I get either "com-init-error" or "no config-word in file!" messages. Can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong?

David Miles.

Are the HEX files the correct ones for the PIC you're trying to program?.

The "no config-word in file!" message means just that, that the config fuse information isn't included in the HEX file - a very poor piece of programming!, and it's hardly difficult?.

The code is for a 16F84. I am using a 16F84A. The code examples ( timer1 )are from:-http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~tdn26/IntrotoPic/IntroToPic.html

I managed to compile the "timer1" code with MPASM, but I get the "no config-word in file!" when I try to use Progpic2.

Any ideas?

David Miles.

You need to specify the fuse settings you want in the source code, you use the '__CONFIG' directive to do so - if you check my tutorials I just use the HEX value of the settings I want, but you can specify the individual bits, however I find it rather long winded!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…