Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Production Indicator Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwalus

I had an idea to be able to monitor 22 different machines as to their operational state at any given time. My thoughts were to have a indicator box at each machine that the operator could select the particular state ie: Prekit, setup, production or edit. This would be sent to a master board in the office so that a general overall machine condition could be seen at a glance. Basic analog switches would work but the amount of wiring required would not be cost or time efficient. I thought of using a CD4017 to just clock 2 sets of leds per machine. One on the machine and one on the master board. I did a basic breadboard circuit but it is very unstable. Am I going in the right direction? I have a knowledge of electronics but have been out of the field for many years and a lot has changed. Thhe circuit that I started with id a 10, 9, and 8 step divider circuit.
Thank you Ken

You could have four states with just two wires. Open circuit, conduct one way, conduct the other way and conduct both ways. This could be done with switches and diodes but would require additional circuit to read in the control room.

Mike.

Mike
Thank you for the reply. I understand your idea but I am trying to get away from the toggle switches. A single pushbutton with parallel circuits was my thought.
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back