Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems programming 16F84A-20/P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pommie said:
It sounds like you were getting the same problem as I was. Looks like you have now fixed it. If you still have your JDM type programmer, could you download the software from Here and try it to see if it fixes your serial problems. You may also find it works well with your new circuit as well.

Mike.

Hey Pommie,

I already use WinPIC and I was having problems with the JDM for both WinPIC and ICProg as well. With the new programmer, it works great with both pieces of software and all of my chips. I think the problem with my JDM was lack of current on the COM port. I don't think VPP was rising fast enough to put the chip into programming mode. The NOPPP has it's own power supply so this isn't a problem any more.

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back