Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with pic16f84

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmohamed15

hi all i have a problem with my pic16f84a i had found that the pin number nine (Rb3) so i want to ask about is that prevent me from programming that device i.e can it be programmed despite of the broken pin please advice

It will program just fine. I have a 16f84 that lost pins 9 and 10 in a tragic farming accident. i.e. got tossed across the room. and it still works fine.

I use it for prototyping so if i need the lost pins I just stick the chip on the bread board and shove a wire in the hole were the pin would have been. Thus making contact with the stub that is left over from the pin.

Bottom line......Yes it will still work.

Programming an F84 is usually carried out using pins 12/13.......Rb6-clock and Rb7-data, with mclr high.........your missing pin wont change this :wink:

cannot seem to get 4Mhz frequency

hi i'm having troubles generating 4Mhz frequency for my PIC16F84A.
I'm using an XTAL crystal oscillator 4Mhz connected to pin 16 together with two 22pf capacitors connected to the each legs of the crystal oscillator
Pin 15 is also connected to pin 16 and to one of the capacitors.
both capacitors are grounded. I'm implementing it on breadboard.
I cannot seem to get the intended frequency. what is wrong??
should i mention anything regarding the xtal crystal osc in my program??
my program is intended initially for pic16f84 but it assembles okay for this pic. help me plss......how can i make my crystal osc function?? :?:

connect the crystal wires up as follows.........1 wire to pin 15, the other wire to pin 16.

Now connect a capacitor,22pf from pin 15 to gnd, connect 2nd cap to pin 16 and gnd........then it should work or else the pic is u/s

As all said it will work fine, Suppose you don't have RB0-RB7 you can still use RA0-RA4 5 I/O port is still available this is the beauty about PIC you have more than what u need.

uaefame said:
As all said it will work fine, Suppose you don't have RB0-RB7 you can still use RA0-RA4 5 I/O port is still available this is the beauty about PIC you have more than what u need.

Perhaps you should try looking at the date on the last post?, it's almost FIVE YEARS ago - pointless replying to a post that old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back