Problem with mesh network (ZigBee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hello.

I did the following experiment:

(EP - Endpoint - is a router).

In ZigBee, the mesh network should work by default, therefore I think that its an HW problem.
I was wondering maybe you could contibute anything to that matter and give me an idea of why would EP#2 experience frequent disconnections from network.

Thank you.

Attachments

• networkexperiment.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
ZigBee questions don't get much traction on this forum, I'm afraid. Apparently not much experience with it - might want to try another forum.

What little I know about it (from salesmen trying to peddle it) fits with that diagram and the mesh network approach, EP#1 is acting as a relay between the coordinator and EP#2.

Perhaps EP#2 simply sits in an area that's bad for radio reception. This isn't always something obvious - even though there's an open path, metal objects in the room can reflect a signal in such a way that it arrives out of phase (Google "multipath problem") at the antenna. You might try moving EP#2 around a little and see if that affects the disconnection rate.

Thanks.
Yes I noticed that not many people use ZigBee for communication.
Thanks for the advice.
Unfortunely it happens everywhere I put EP#2 that is not close enough for it to recieve the Coordinator.

I'm looking for a regular indoor range, where you have two units, each at a different end of the house, communicating with each other.
The reception is not so good right now.
Distance between Coordinator and EP#1 was about 18 feet, and the distance between Coordinator and EP#2 was about 24 feet (the distance between EP#2 and EP#1 was about 6 feet).

What happens is you swap EP#1 and EP#2 ?

The only thing I have heard is that is that once an endpoint has lost it connection reconnection is difficult. It has to ask to join a new network to make the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…