Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with loading programs onto 68hc11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker

We are using M68HC11 EVBs in my electronics class. The computers we use with them are running on Windows 98. However they have strted to upgrade to 2000. The problem is this. Whenever I try to load a program onto the EVB I get a "access is denied" type of error message. Is there any way to fix this...?

Its probably the program that downloads the code to your target that is suspect. Many of the tools (esp. eprom emulators) access the parallel port directly. This isn't normally allowed under 2k or xp. However, there are several programs that will subvert this feature and allow your software to run.

You probably need to upgrade (personally I'd say 'downgrade') your program to work under 2000. Although moving to 2000 seems a strange thing to do in 2004, changing from one old OS to another old OS?. Assuming the program is still supported, there should be an updated version for NT, 2000, or XP.

Win98 is still the worlds most popular Windows, generally for good reasons!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back