Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with lm35dz and transfer data from pic to pic to activate 7 seg display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha, found your mistake. Your polling R/S but it is not marked as an input! I would just tie R/S to ground and use a delay instead of checking the busy flag, good luck :)

hi all,
i am a newbie here.. and i am more interested in the c code than asm.. this code was in the examples given in mikroC

unsigned int temp_res;

void main() {
ADCON1 = 0x80; // Configure analog inputs and Vref
TRISA = 0xFF; // PORTA is input
TRISB = 0x3F; // Pins RB7, RB6 are outputs
TRISD = 0; // PORTD is output

do {
temp_res = Adc_Read(2); // Get results of ADC
PORTD = temp_res; // Send lower 8 bits to PORTD
PORTB = temp_res >> 2;
} while(1);
}

the value in temp_res gives the temperature right?? so can i not compare it with a reference value and perform a particular operation, say running a fan?

Sure, who said you couldn't?
I'm not sure how the Adc_Read() method works though, sorry.

hi sorry , back with some question again.
birdman0_o , can you send me the schematics for ur uart asm code?
anyway , do you use the ht12e/ht12d for encoding and decoding?

Mmm I don't really have a schematic, are you trying to do wireless, you would need to use different code, because using that code the transmitter would attenuate if you keep a constant high signal which isnt good. I would look into manchester encoding, Nigel has a great example!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back