Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with DC Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all of them
i am facing a problem now a days
problem is that i had bought a power supply from market, and it makes PROBLEM from the FIRST day i had bought this
well PROBLEM is that, when i Swith ON the supply, display(DIGITAL VOLTMETER) works, but showing 0000 VALUES
when i vary from KNOBS, then nothing is going to happen
i open the POWER SUPPLY, and check fro the whole circuit that might be, if any thing burnt in it, then i must reploace, but every thing is OK from INSIDE
i study this supply since last week but uinable to LOCATE the EXAXT FAULT
if any one of you have any IDEA about this FAULT then must told me
i also mention that, i CHECK VOLTAGE from DIGITAL MULTIMETER at different part of power supply, it SHOWS (20V DC) which mean that transformer is OK....
so plz help me about this issue
waiting

TAYYAB
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT

Attachments

• 09072009067.jpg
    09072009067.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 09072009068.jpg
    09072009068.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 09072009069.jpg
    09072009069.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 09072009070.jpg
    09072009070.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 09072009071.jpg
    09072009071.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 159
Any idea about what?

A dc power supply is just that...

There is a transformer, check the ac volts on the secondary...

There is a bridge, either a full bridge of four diodes or 2 diodes if the transformer has two secondary windings..Then there is a reservoir capacitor on the output of the rectifier assembly...Measure the dc voltage across it...

Lets us know what you find when you do these measurements...

The photo shows the problem, "Made In China".
Don't buy no-name-brand cheap junk.

The photo shows the problem, "Made In China".
Don't buy no-name-brand cheap junk.

Ooooohhh so harsh AG :D

Having looked at the first picture, if there's no output from the power supply,I'd put money on the series element being o/c...or something there abouts..

My son bought cheap Chinese junk on E-Bay.
Of course they don't work. Some items obviously were not even tested by the factory because they were missing important parts.

So much for quality control then eh?

The op doesnt seem to be in a hurry to get his fixed.. :)

Last edited:
Look carefully a the black wires that go from the transformer to the green board. One of them doesn't look properly soldered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back