Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rune haferkamp

Hey guys! I need some help. Im a real rookie, and unsure if i tackeled my problem right.

Attached is the circuit im trying to figure out.

Values: ERROR, missmarked some of the resistors: the first R1 and R2 are 4 ohm each, and the other 5-parallel is 75ohms each.
L3 is 82mH, L1 and L2 are 33.3mH each. Capacitors C1 and C3 are 740nF and C2 and C4 are 27nF. We had to is this way to get the values we needed. This is a equivalent circuit for a threephase 400VAC supply. 50hz

I am trying to figure out how much voltage is over the motor, and how much current is going trough the motor. The motor is needed to be supplied with around 7A when it is starting.

I tried to add the first parallel resistors with reactance in the inductor to get the impedance. But do i now put this impedance in parallel with the capacitors C1 and C2, and then in series with the 5-resistor paralell? is should i calculate from the motor and to the left?

Sorry for the bad typing.

Any help is very welcoming!:)

Attachments

• Uten navn.png
    Uten navn.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 144
Without getting into all of the phase shifts involved, first calculate the impedance of every reactive element at the power line frequency. Then redraw the schematic with resistors of those values for all of the reactive elements. Then solve the circuit using a series of series, parallel, and Ohm's Law calculations.
a) R1 and R2 in parallel, In series with L3
b) C1 and C2 in parallel
c) Thevenin equivalent resistance of a and b in parallel
etc.

ak

Include the DCR of the motor and power rating. DCR is often 12~20% of motor equivalent load impedance at rated current which determines the start peak surge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back