Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in stepper motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-man001

My dear friends,
i have done the famous circuit for drive one stepper motor (on a breadboard)

**broken link removed**

the issue :

the motor not stable (Vibrate strongly AND random turn left and right )
but when touch any Non-insulated wire by my hand , the motor Works regularly!!!

please, what is the problem?????

i used:

* 24 volt , 500mA (printer power supply) .
* unipolar (5 wires) stepper (NMB PM55L-048-HPG9) .
* zener 8.2 volt .
* diods 1N4007 .
* MOSFET 6N60A .
* Capacitor 220 µF 35 V.
* Mach3 program.

Hi,

One or more of your 0V connections is disconnected or loose. When you touch the wire the circuit is connected to 0V through your body. Check the 0V connections to the IC's.

Do you have decoupling capacitors on the ICs? They need to be around 0.1 uF (this can be played with - you may need higher or lower), non-polarized - placed as close to the IC as possible, between the VCC and GND pins on the IC...

I think what is happening is that you are acting (in a way) as the decoupling capacitor when you touch the circuit; there might possibly be other reasons as well, but I would try putting in those capacitors on each IC first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back