Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in smulaiting (8086) using orcad 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

massoti

i want to simulait a curiut of (8086) and some other anloge parts like bjts resistores cap. using orcad problem is i can not find where to write the program of the(8086) chip after selcting it from the library

I doubt whether these softwares can simulate microcontrollers/microprocessors. These are very complex deices as compared to simple digital/analog circuits and also require assembly program to work as per your requirement. There are spearate software simulators available for almost all existing uC/uP which you can use for your purpose.

do you know haw orcad works? well it can do whate ever you want, but it is very complex. i have much trouble using it.
still cant convince it to simulate a simple oscilator.

Well what you are saying may be right but I still doubt about simulating a microprocessor in Orcad! Where will you write the assembly language program? On the schematic????

i dont know that, but i remember it says the program can do that.
the poiblem with simulating programs, is that you can simulate either digiatal or analog ciruits.
orcad has a mixed simulation , but i dont see it working very well

Thats why I am saying for microprocessors use simulators which are only dedicated to that one.

Not Orcad but have a look at.....

**broken link removed**

it might help.

:lol:

look, since you have more experience than me using orcad, i need a little help.
i got 9.1 and i dont know how to simulate a circuit. i create the files and all it needs, but it doesnt seem to find them. so please help be a bit with some tips

what i mean is that in the simulation i get an err msg like "there are no devices in the circuit"
what do i do?
the thing is that i cant create a net, i mean i create it but it is empty.
it should contain information on the pins and all that, but it onli containd one line with begin, another one, and then a line with end.
cant seem to find the problem.

This is because you have not selected the spice device model. Select the proper spice model for all active devices in the circuit and you won't get any problem.

that's the problem, it has so many setings, a dont know where to do that from.
there is another problem, i also dont know where to select the packages so that i can transfer it to layout.

If you want easy to use simulation software then try free student version of Circuit Maker from www.circuitmaker.com . There are no big settings to be done in it. Everyting is straight forward and comes with quite many examples. I am sure you will like it.

Then you better got to study the help files :lol: he he

well the problem is that tha program doesnt export in the netlist te semiconductros, it only sends the resistors and the caps.

Well, thats because Orcad doesn't know what package/device to use from several options available in the library and thats because you have not specified them. One you select appropriate package and devices, the problem will be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back