Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem getting LTSpice to simulate with CD4000.lib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I use the cd4093B model from Yahoo group. Could you please tell me how to set the negative power supply instead of ground?

Hi

Just change the spiceline attribute values to the supply node names.
VDD 0 <<<<change this
VDD VSS <<<<to this

Make sure supply nodes VDD and VSS exist.

eT

1551930688829.png

Here's a view of the properties for the CD4093B, The SpiceModel attribute has been changed:

1551930913055.png

HI i wanna simulate this circuit. and the 4093b is used to produce the delay clock. The clock input the U4C is shown and I change the spice model. However, it still can not work.
1.PNG
SURF PI.JPG
3.PNG

The output of U3 is switching between 0V and 5V rather than between -5V and 5V, so it looks like the model needs further modifications to cope with the dual polarity supply.

The output of U3 is switching between 0V and 5V rather than between -5V and 5V, so it looks like the model needs further modifications to cope with the dual polarity supply.

The model will produce that if the correct input voltages are used..

Get rid of V3 and label that top node as Vdd.

You need to edit each 4093 symbol in your asc file as etech suggested in post #21.
Right-click on the U3 symbol. In the pop-up, change the Spice Model attribute from "VDD 0" to "VDD VSS".

Well it's now switching from 5V to -5V, so the model is working and your circuit must have another problem. Probe each part in turn to locate the section giving rise to the unwanted result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back