Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem getting LTSpice to simulate with CD4000.lib

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've installed LTSpice, and have CD4000.lib in my LTSpiceIV\lib folder (as well as the individual components in LTSpiceIV\lib\sym\CD4000). When I load up a schematic that uses the CD4093B, it loads up fine in the schematic, but when I try to run a simulation, I get an error Could not open include file "cd4000.lib".

The circuit was originally provided by alec_t over on my other thread about a timer circuit; I also have the appropriate dview.lib in LTSpiceIV\lib and dview components in LTSpiceIV\lib\sym. Like I said, the schematic loads up fine, but when I try to run the simulation, it spews.

Help, please? If you need any further information, please let me know! :)

I've installed LTSpice, and have CD4000.lib in my LTSpiceIV\lib folder (as well as the individual components in LTSpiceIV\lib\sym\CD4000). When I load up a schematic that uses the CD4093B, it loads up fine in the schematic, but when I try to run a simulation, I get an error Could not open include file "cd4000.lib".

The circuit was originally provided by alec_t over on my other thread about a timer circuit; I also have the appropriate dview.lib in LTSpiceIV\lib and dview components in LTSpiceIV\lib\sym. Like I said, the schematic loads up fine, but when I try to run the simulation, it spews.

Help, please? If you need any further information, please let me know! :)

Hi,
Please post your LTS asc file, I will give a go.

hi,
Runs fine at my end.

Is your CD4000.lib corrupted.??

If you are a member of Yahoo LTS user group, I would suggest deleting the cd4000.lib and re-installing

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    45 KB · Views: 1,122
Last edited:
I just joined the group and downloaded it from there this morning, to get it working this far :eek:

I went to the ToC, searched the page for "cd4000.lib", then downloaded the cd4000.lib and cd4000.zip, put the lib in the \lib folder, and the contents of the zip in the \lib\sym folder. Do I need to do anything else?

Just tried re-downloading the files for the heck of it (from "Files > Lib > Digital CD4000" in the group, both the .lib file and the .zip file, which I unpacked to lib\sym)... closed and restarted LTSpiceIV, loaded up the schematic, the NAND gates looked fine, but when I hit run I get the same error :(

Just tried re-downloading the files for the heck of it (from "Files > Lib > Digital CD4000" in the group, both the .lib file and the .zip file, which I unpacked to lib\sym)... closed and restarted LTSpiceIV, loaded up the schematic, the NAND gates looked fine, but when I hit run I get the same error :(

hi DJ,
Try this test.
Start a new schematic, using say just one cd4093 gate, with the .include cd4000.lib statement.

Copy this simple asc file and the cd4093.asy file from C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sym\CDlogic folder to the Desktop. Also copy the CD4000.lib from the C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sub folder to the Desktop.

You should now be able to run the simple.asc file from the Desktop.

Lets know how it goes..

Last edited:
Yeah, dumping the .lib and .asy files into the same folder as my project cleared the issue up... apparently LTSpice doesn't understand the concept of implicit include locations >_>

Yeah, dumping the .lib and .asy files into the same folder as my project cleared the issue up... apparently LTSpice doesn't understand the concept of implicit include locations >_>

Hi DR.
if you ensure the related .lib is in the same folder as I posted C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sub and the asy in its folder, it should allow LTS to find them.

If not you can put the full folder address to the lib as part of the include.

Dok J, I had the same problem with LTS myself, in that it doesn't try very hard to search for files. Like you, I naively put cd4000.lib into the LTS \lib folder. Perfectly logical, you'd think. But no, it has to go in the \lib\sub folder as Eric says (and as he helped me to discover). One of life's little gotchas.

I had the same problem with the .include directive but it worked fine when I used the .lib directive instead, e.g.

.lib cd4000.lib

Apparently the .lib directive does not require the library to be in the sub folder.

Edit: I have the cd4000.lib in the lib/cmp folder and the .asy symbol files in the lib/sym/Digital folder

Last edited:
Hello new to0 spice.
how where do i get these cd400 files i dont have them in my ltspice libs.

hi,
Use your browser and go to Yahoo Users Group, download the lib files.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Here's the exact location of the CD4000 files.

Hi I insert the spice model in the ltspice but it can not work. Could someone please tell me how did they use this chip model?

Hi I insert the spice model in the ltspice but it can not work. Could someone please tell me how did they use this chip model?
What model?
Where did you put the model?
Did you follow all the directions in this thread?

If running Win10, the files should go in the 'Documents' path.

Yes, I use the cd4093B model from Yahoo group. Could you please tell me how to set the negative power supply instead of ground?

Yes, I use the cd4093B model from Yahoo group. Could you please tell me how to set the negative power supply instead of ground?
Ground is internal to the model so there's no easy way to do that.
Just offset rest of the circuitry from ground.
Why do you need the negative to be other than ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back