Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Probably my last thread. I am embarresed to say I live in South Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the photo.
Meaning-
Things in South Africa are not good. I don't think you are crazy for pointing that out.

By the way. Repairing TVs is a hard way to make a living.

The sheep photo and dog and guy at the gate has me puzzled.
Sheep eat grass.
Some times the dog pushes them to the barn.
Only one sheep sees the connection between man and dog.
At the end the man eats a sheep.

Sheep eat grass.
Some times the dog pushes them to the barn.
Only one sheep sees the connection between man and dog.
At the end the man eats a sheep.

Thank you Ron. Now I understand. Mutton AKA sheep meat is very tasty to eat. Sheep used to provide Wool are not slaughtered here. Only the ones that cannot, called "Dorpers" are. "Dorpers" are specifically bred for eating as they have no other value. Their wool is not worth anything....but their meat is delicious when cut up into chops and put on a braai (also known as a barbeque elsewhere).

Just thought I would share that. Meds are working :)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
I posted the photo.
By the way. Repairing TVs is a hard way to make a living.

Spot on BeerBelly....

Had a 72cm CRT today. Beloved Sansui. Spotless outside. So clean you can eat off the cabinet.....

Open it and it is another story altogether. Cockroach crap and pee over everything...never mind the the PCB (where the fault lies). And it was my first job of the day after just having had a shower and putting on fresh clothes for work....

So, to answer your question, yes Repairing TV's is a hard way to make a living.

Regards,
tvtech

Just thought I would share that. Meds are working

So does that mean the roaches in the TV's are not talking anymore? :confused:

Sheep meat is the most common for barbeque in Patagonia. Tasty if properly grilled.

In our area is not that common but certainly appreciated.

You guys are the best.

Thanks to all that responded to this thread. Much appreciated.

For me, it is very important to tell the stuff the way it is. I am working in the heart of ANC territory.

What I see daily here is what culminates into reports like this: https://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2013/05/17/nothing-works---ec-head-of-education

The kids who are part of this dysfunctional way of doing things are screwed for life.

That makes me livid in so many ways. There is much, much more though. You have to be here in the thick of things to actually understand what is happening to this country.

For example: I have family living around 1000KM away, in the Karoo area of South Africa. They are oblivious as to what happens in the midst of this shambles. They don't know about it unless they happen to visit me on their way to their holiday cottage at the sea......

Then they look shocked....How can you live like this with Potholes everywhere, rubbish lying in the streets, everything is a mess. And they just bail out and leave on their holiday.

And then I sit here and tell you about my frustrations. I chose to be here thinking I can make a difference.

Well, I will. No matter what.

Regards,
tvtech

So does that mean the roaches in the TV's are not talking anymore? :confused:

You are making me crazier then I was before :mad:

No....roaches DO NOT talk about me....LOL :p

You are a good laugh though Buddy...stay well and keep chirping. I enjoy your humour....how is Mrs Amazon feeling today??

Regards,
tvtech

Just wanted to say i am glad you are still with us tvtech :)

Thanks 3vO.

I never planned to leave here. This is my home afterall. It is where I feel most comfortable.

The whole reason why I started this thread was to prevent me starting similar threads all the time. It has become...boring for me and no doubt you guys too.

So, this final one.

And make no mistake, ALL permanent members here are hugely respected by me. Many different characters from many parts of the World...
An amazing bunch of people who are gathered here and provide expertise of note.

I have not really contributed much here Technically wise....BUT....I have learn't a hell of a lot by just being around you Guys...

I really like the lot of you. There is nothing better in life than to be surrounded by intelligence. And ETO has that in abundance.

That says it all,

tvtech

You are making me crazier then I was before

No....roaches DO NOT talk about me....LOL

You are a good laugh though Buddy...stay well and keep chirping. I enjoy your humour....how is Mrs Amazon feeling today??

Regards,
tvtech

I have found that distraction is usually the best way to help people cope with a disturbing or difficult situation. Whether they like it or not at first it does help! ;)

Wife is good today. I replaced some bad flooring on the house yesterday so she has yet to find anything new to pick and peck at me about. But she is working on that. :p

so she has yet to find anything new to pick and peck at me about. But she is working on that.
old goat slob.jpeg

For example: I have family living around 1000KM away, in the Karoo area of South Africa. They are oblivious as to what happens in the midst of this shambles. They don't know about it unless they happen to visit me on their way to their holiday cottage at the sea......

Then they look shocked....How can you live like this with Potholes everywhere, rubbish lying in the streets, everything is a mess. And they just bail out and leave on their holiday.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but in the interest of finding a solution... If it's not going to be possible for you to make that area nice to live in, then a good option is to move to somewhere else. Like an area that is already nice.

It's not that hard to pack up stuff in a van and move. :)

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but in the interest of finding a solution... If it's not going to be possible for you to make that area nice to live in, then a good option is to move to somewhere else. Like an area that is already nice.

It's not that hard to pack up stuff in a van and move. :)

100 % correct Roman. If it was that easy I would have bailed out way ago.....but I am stubborn. I have not completed my work here yet ;)

Still tirelessly trying to get my fellow Tech up to speed before I bail out.....I don't want to drop all here.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
100 % correct Roman. If it was that easy I would have bailed out way ago.....but I am stubborn. I have not completed my work here yet ;)

Still tirelessly trying to get my fellow Tech up to speed before I bail out.....I don't want to drop all here.

Regards,
tvtech

I seem to recall you said he was not willing to learn and wanted to leave too. Or was that the owner ?

In this case you are not your brothers keeper. Go while you still can.

I seem to recall you said he was not willing to learn and wanted to leave too. Or was that the owner ?

In this case you are not your brothers keeper. Go while you still can.

Hi 3v0

Same guy that would not learn has had an attitude change. No more threats from him as per a while back. He and his brethren have woken up to the fact that us properly trained CRT techs are as scarce as hens teeth here in South Africa. I don't go the extra Mile for stupids anymore. I simply turn them away and tell them to buy a new set.

That worries him no end. Because he lives amongst them.

That might just be why so much interest too late and all from him. Like I said, I have not finished my work here yet.

I will finish it properly. Like everything I do ;) Learn or burn. It's the guys choice. His people like burning.....

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back