Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PREESURE SENSRORs HELP....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kira_kame

PRESSURE Sensors HELP....

what kind of transistor or device or what ever thing to use in measuring pressure should i use???

*i am thinking in the lines of high air pressure measurements so its go to be durable...

*although not for under water usage im hoping for some water proofing and maximized anti corrosion protection since the moisture is a present factor in variable or changing air pressure environments....

*not for atmospheric or weather purposes....

*im also hoping to get micro devices somewhat as the same size of a match box pertaining to this sensor.... in short its not suppose to be THAT BiG.... just small enough....

Hi,

no idea what pressure you are talking about.

Is it gun ammo pressure in the range of MPa/TPa or presssure of a liquid/gas level?

First clearly define the pressure range you must have for your project, secondly what kind of medium has to be measured.

Boncuk

SOMEWHAT like air containers....

like yeah, air guns, tanks or canisters or tubes any thing that encloses high air pressure which is not THAT BiG, id like to create digital air meters for these not so big containers...

well all im measuring is how much compressed air is contained so that's all there is to it... air as to gas or any atmospherically present gas so no particular chemical taken in concern but just normal air...

any measure or label would do whether be ATM or TORR or PSI or what ever as long as it works... but PSI would be great ^_^

in plain English, id like to get a "sensor" that can help me measure air pressure in these medium sized enclosed high air pressure containers... my question is, is there such a thing???

if there are id like to ask the whos, whats, wheres, how much does it cost and how to use....

BIG tanks BTW for those who are being concerned.... :p

Last edited:
Look for electronic pressure transducers at Digikey.
They have a bunch to choose from. From vacuum to 6000 PSI and every range in between!

Check out Omega engineering. They have lots of application data also. You will have to get a grip on the actual pressure range you want to measure, saying high doesn't cut it enough. You need to define a specific range number like 0-500 psig or 0-2000 psig, etc.

Pressure Transducers

Lefty

Check out Omega engineering. They have lots of application data also. You will have to get a grip on the actual pressure range you want to measure, saying high doesn't cut it enough. You need to define a specific range number like 0-500 psig or 0-2000 psig, etc.

Pressure Transducers

Lefty

sure .... thanks for the help i appreciate it, for certain specifics im still trying to narrow it down with regards to the range ...

well its my problem any ways so dont really worry abut it i just looking for the info, so to this info you gave me really cut it...

but i'm still open for other solutions & suggestions as an engineer should be... ^_^

lots of thanks . . .

i'm still open for other solutions & suggestions as an engineer should be... ^_^

You'll never make it with an attitude like that!:rolleyes:
Most engineers I have worked with are arrogant, closed minded and believe their solution is the only solution! No matter what the cost or complexity that is involved is. :eek:
After all its only the customers money they are spending, And when your payed by the hour, simple alternate solutions just dont pay well! :(

I wish more were like you!:)

You'll never make it with an attitude like that!:rolleyes:
Most engineers I have worked with are arrogant, closed minded and believe their solution is the only solution! No matter what the cost or complexity that is involved is. :eek:
After all its only the customers money they are spending, And when your payed by the hour, simple alternate solutions just dont pay well! :(

I wish more were like you!:)

i don't get it. how come you wished to be like me(open minded) when your saying, being arrogant thing gets paid more ....then being paid more like that mean ???

anyway my answer to that is that engineers capability being able to adapt with new technology... thats the openness right there....

im mean of all engineers say zero is not equall to 0.0000000000000001 then id listen.. right....?

like if a mother ship crash landed im back yard id use it and learn from it... i wouldn't say "F**K yea!! il be arrogant in my own way and use human technology to crate my own space ship!!! forget that ailen S***!! "

hee hee hee!!!!

no offenses BTW im just curious you know ^_^.....

and one more thing my engineer friend uses simple or some alternative solutions to earn money, kind of hard to explain why, but it really works... he is already that rich ^_^

Sorry if an offense was given!
I was teasing you a bit! Sorry if the american humor did not carry over.
Your from the Philippines! Your culture is still more traditional and your work ethics and approaches are often very impressive and practical. Too bad your government does not let your people out very often.

If you worked in the American engineering fields you would find the mind set I mentioned runs rampant.
There are in fact some very great and wonderful engineering people that I have worked with that are also very open minded and take the simple and practical approach to problems. I would love to work with people like that every day.

However from my personal experience the flat out ego's and closed mindedness and selfish attitudes of many engineers tends to stand out far more.
Even if they represent at best 1/3 of the total.
(and often times they are the ones that make it very obvious how much they get paid too)

NOOO... LIKE I SAID NO OFFENCES!!! ^_^ hah!!
i was just curious that is all...

yeah that government thing.... with the way things are going now, i dont know where we might end up.... most of em only try to get their feet wet if there is an IN for it For the money....

i wished that after WWII the Americans should not have given back the Phil. to its pipz... that way we'd be countrymen by now ^_^ hah!! and id get to know what you really mean!!! hee he heee hee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back