Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Precision Gold M125 multimeter - unstable current reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Joshi

I have a Precision Gold M125 multimeter that has served me well for many years.

Recently I noticed that the current reading was drifting and displaying non-zero with the leads unconnected. Sometimes the reading would drift some way from zero.

I tested the electrolytic capcitors out of circuit which seem fine. Through trial and error, I seem to have found the cause. There is a 100R resistor in the current measuring circuit that appears to have gone high resistance to mega-ohms (see attached photo above the 7R5). Are these green resistors a particular type/wattage? The package size seems to be 1206.

Attachments

• Precision Gold M125.JPG
    Precision Gold M125.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 361
  • Precision Gold M125 - PCB.jpg
    Precision Gold M125 - PCB.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 285
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back