Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pre-emphasis Tuned amplifier VS. HPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

I am using two different setups for pre-emphasis, tuned amplifier & HPF.
Pre-emphasis Tuned amplifier VS. HPF

What is the equation for the selection of tuning range in tuned amplifier case ?

In HPF I am using R5 to make satisfactory working at high frequencies as capacitor act
as a short. Does this cause any additional poles to create ? If yes, pls give me net
cut-off frequency equation.

I am using LPF as De-emphasis circuit.

Attachments

• pre-de..pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 206
I don't see a tuned circuit. The inductor's reactance increases at higher frequencies which causes the gain of the transistor to increase if it has a load that is a high impedance. The resistor in series with the inductor stops the signal to be shorted by the inductor at low frequencies.
The RC circuit also boosts high frequencies but only a little. It has a low input impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back