Powered AMP circuit for a 4.1 speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokedCircuit64

Hello again,

As usual all you folks make awesome suggestions and offer awesome advice when I ask my crazy questions..
As with most all of us that come to this site we all would rather make/build something than buy it..

Getting to the subject of this post..
I have a little $100, 4.1 speaker system I use for the kids gaming system. It has started making a droning sound on the lower db side that won't go away unless you turn the unit off then back on. Even then it only works correctly for a short time then the droning comes back. I have looked over the the wiring and circuit board in hopes I would find something shorted or burnt.. All looks fine.

So I figured that this would be a perfect opportunity to work on another electrical project with my son. In that we build a new power amp circuit and maybe reuse the existing speakers or even upgrade things a little. The current AC PS for the 4.1 system is 10V /2000mA. I would like to reuse that as my PS.

I have tried searching the www. but I'm not 100% sure what I need and most of the powered amp circuits I found called for a 12 to 36 volt PS. I'm sure there is something out there that my son and I can build. I just don't really know what I should be looking for.. Any ans all assistance would be a huge help..

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…