Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powered AMP circuit for a 4.1 speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokedCircuit64

Hello again,

As usual all you folks make awesome suggestions and offer awesome advice when I ask my crazy questions..
As with most all of us that come to this site we all would rather make/build something than buy it..

Getting to the subject of this post..
I have a little $100, 4.1 speaker system I use for the kids gaming system. It has started making a droning sound on the lower db side that won't go away unless you turn the unit off then back on. Even then it only works correctly for a short time then the droning comes back. I have looked over the the wiring and circuit board in hopes I would find something shorted or burnt.. All looks fine.

So I figured that this would be a perfect opportunity to work on another electrical project with my son. In that we build a new power amp circuit and maybe reuse the existing speakers or even upgrade things a little. The current AC PS for the 4.1 system is 10V /2000mA. I would like to reuse that as my PS.

I have tried searching the www. but I'm not 100% sure what I need and most of the powered amp circuits I found called for a 12 to 36 volt PS. I'm sure there is something out there that my son and I can build. I just don't really know what I should be looking for.. Any ans all assistance would be a huge help..

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back