Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power surge damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplexity

blew up a power supply for a garage door deadbolt system and my attempts to buy a new one end up at dead ends showing the company no longer makes them or is out of biz.
I'm missing traces and some components are blown. I'll be testing a fix tonight (new cap and some jumpers) but if that doesn't work, hoping for some help here.
The part is a Gaplock GL26668765. It's a current detecting power supply that is 120VAC in, and 24 vdc 1 amp out. It also has 120vac 15 amps out so that these power supplies can be piggybacked. Basically it detects draw when the garage door opener is triggered which in turn sends 24Vdc to the deadbolt solenoid which opens the deadbolt until the door is all the way open. Lightning hit the neighborhood transformer and blew different components and traces in the two units I have. Looking for a schematic for the circuit board ("Gaplock Rev. 2.1") and/or the actual loaded or unloaded board. Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back