Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

sguha00

Hi, I have got an SMPS power supply from Integrated Power Design SRW-65 Series. It had blown onceafter which it was repaired. After repairing for the first time, it blew twice and the faulty component was found to be a zener diode on both occasions. What could be the reason? UC3842 IC is in the circuit.
Thanks,
Regards,

Sumit.

sguha00 said:
Hi, I have got an SMPS power supply from Integrated Power Design SRW-65 Series. It had blown onceafter which it was repaired. After repairing for the first time, it blew twice and the faulty component was found to be a zener diode on both occasions. What could be the reason? UC3842 IC is in the circuit.

ONLY the zener had blown?, what does the zener do?, is it just a crowbar device? - if so I would be inclined to check the ESR of all electrolytics in the circuit, or just blanket replace them!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back