Power Supply IPS-303DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Thanks to everybody who has helped me so far

I managed to get my hands on a Lab DC Power supply.

**broken link removed**

I know this must sound really ignorant but I dont know how to use it and cant find any user manual online

it seems pretty obvius. I put a cable to the +V and one to the ground. Connected to a simple resistor LED circuit and turn it on. I regulate it to 5V but when I measure the voltage and current, nothing. even negative.
Also the indicator of current stays in 0

Any experience with this or other LAB power supply?

Kansai

Last edited:
Your output will be between the (+) and (-) terminals and not the Ground terminal. Also looking at it it looks to have current limiting so if it works like I think it works you will need to have the current pot turned up slightly to see any output. I would turn the fine current adjust up and then see what you get if you turn the voltage adjust up. Remember the (+) and (-) terminals and not the Ground terminal. Ground is chassis ground and not part of your DC output.

Ron

Last edited:
Thank you.

I have managed to turn on the LED resistor with - equaling to ground.

now I have to produce three connections: +12V, 0 and -12V

i connected three cables to the outputs and connected to another circuit
it does not work as it should...

I measured it and it gives

+V-GROUND : 0.9V
GROUND- -V :10.9V

+V - -V : 11.8 V (I suppose this is the 12V that I have selected)

but why such assymetry? why almost 11V in 1 and 1 V in the other???

How can I get 12V in one and 12V in the other?

now I have to produce three connections: +12V, 0 and -12V

Not going to work with the supply you have. You have a single ended supply. That is just 2 terminals. The Ground terminal is just that, a chassis ground. What you want could only be done with two of what you have connected in series with the center point being common. If you want +12 0 -12 you need a dual supply which you do not have.

Ron

A dual PSU is configured like the attached image so you know what I mean when I say dual PSU. Note the 0 Volt or Common is not Ground.

Ron

Attachments

• Dual PSU..gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…