Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply IPS-303DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Thanks to everybody who has helped me so far

I managed to get my hands on a Lab DC Power supply.

**broken link removed**

I know this must sound really ignorant but I dont know how to use it and cant find any user manual online

it seems pretty obvius. I put a cable to the +V and one to the ground. Connected to a simple resistor LED circuit and turn it on. I regulate it to 5V but when I measure the voltage and current, nothing. even negative.
Also the indicator of current stays in 0

Any experience with this or other LAB power supply?

Kansai

Last edited:
Your output will be between the (+) and (-) terminals and not the Ground terminal. Also looking at it it looks to have current limiting so if it works like I think it works you will need to have the current pot turned up slightly to see any output. I would turn the fine current adjust up and then see what you get if you turn the voltage adjust up. Remember the (+) and (-) terminals and not the Ground terminal. Ground is chassis ground and not part of your DC output.

Ron

Last edited:
Thank you.

I have managed to turn on the LED resistor with - equaling to ground.

now I have to produce three connections: +12V, 0 and -12V

i connected three cables to the outputs and connected to another circuit
it does not work as it should...

I measured it and it gives

+V-GROUND : 0.9V
GROUND- -V :10.9V

+V - -V : 11.8 V (I suppose this is the 12V that I have selected)

but why such assymetry? why almost 11V in 1 and 1 V in the other???

How can I get 12V in one and 12V in the other?

now I have to produce three connections: +12V, 0 and -12V

Not going to work with the supply you have. You have a single ended supply. That is just 2 terminals. The Ground terminal is just that, a chassis ground. What you want could only be done with two of what you have connected in series with the center point being common. If you want +12 0 -12 you need a dual supply which you do not have.

Ron

A dual PSU is configured like the attached image so you know what I mean when I say dual PSU. Note the 0 Volt or Common is not Ground.

Ron

Attachments

• Dual PSU..gif
    Dual PSU..gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back