Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply for my effect pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitter07

hi, i've got another piece of gear for which i need to get the power supply.

im so insecure when it comes to that as i fried some of the stuff in the past.

anyway, this is the pic from the back of the pedal, and here is the link for power supply. this should work, right?also there are some 9V adapters but 1000A.
what will happen if i connect it to the pedal?

Attachments

• power.JPG
    power.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 200
The things that are critical are the voltage, and whether the centre of the connector is positive or negative.
It's fine if the PSU has a somewhat higher current rating; the device will only take the current it needs, regardless.

Both the item in your photo and the amazon PSU are 9V with positive centre connection, so it should be fine.

You do have to be really careful with guitar pedals and their power supplies, as traditionally they use connectors with negative inner (and positive outer).
Swapping one of those with another device that uses the near-universal positive centre wiring can cause serious problems or damage...

Why is the fairly cheap, low current power supply so expensive from Amazon?
I have found other products sold by Amazon costing much more than in local stores. They are Gouging!

I have found other products sold by Amazon costing much more than in local stores. They are Gouging!
Without those high prices, they'd never be able to cover the costs of "free shipping" !

How do you think Jeff Bezos made his 200 billion dollars?

The things that are critical are the voltage, and whether the centre of the connector is positive or negative.
It's fine if the PSU has a somewhat higher current rating; the device will only take the current it needs, regardless.

Both the item in your photo and the amazon PSU are 9V with positive centre connection, so it should be fine.

You do have to be really careful with guitar pedals and their power supplies, as traditionally they use connectors with negative inner (and positive outer).
Swapping one of those with another device that uses the near-universal positive centre wiring can cause serious problems or damage...

excellent, thank you very much :)

oh yea i might go to the actual store today then, screw Bezos

The photo doesn't show the power plug type - coax or audio plug.
I have a Hammond organ pedal that might help your chosen sound effects.

anyway, this is the pic from the back of the pedal, and here is the link for power supply. this should work, right? also there are some 9V adapters but 1000A.
what will happen if i connect it to the pedal?

1000mA is the rated current output. No harm would come if you use that adapter with the pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back