Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply design

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to design a power supply that can provide output voltage of 0-30V and can get a linear range of current upto 0.1mA .The input to it is an ac in either sine wave ,triangular or square wave form. Can anyone help me out?

Last edited:
here are a couple of circuits you can use to build an adjustable power supply up to 30V DC. although it is my nonprofessional opinion that it would probably be easier to build 2 separate power supplies that have a maximum output of something like 15V and connect them in parallel.

Attachments

• bwy1253496810t.jpg
    bwy1253496810t.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 633
  • adjustable_30v_power_supply.gif
    adjustable_30v_power_supply.gif
    71.9 KB · Views: 416
The input to the 723 based power supplies need a DC input voltage that's not less than about 37V (so it can maintain regulation) and not more than 40V, the LM723's rating. The transformer must be between 26VAC and 28VAC from no load to full load. That's a pretty narrow range.

For your desired 100µA output, you don't need the pass transistor, and the LM723 can be connected as shown in the National Semiconductor data sheet, page 6 figure 2. If it's configured without a pass transistor, the input can be 33 to 40VDC, yielding a relaxed transformer spec of 25VAC to 28VAC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back