Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaily

can any body let me know what value of capacitor should be put across the electricity line to reduce the electricity bill

As far as I know, if you pay only for true power, and not for reactive power, consumed by your appliances, then this capacitor would save up no money to you.
Moreover, the value of the capacitor is different for different loads.
The more inductive the load, the larger capacitor you'll need to connect.

Industry is billed extra for a poor power factor, homes are not billed extra.

I don't know why the power companies don't just bill for VA. That would give people a huge incentive to improve their power factor.

Most people could care less about the electricity they use. 80% of the population cant tell you the difference between an amp and a volt. Power factor is way over their heads.

If you want happy customers dont make them think. Thinking hurts most people.
And customers that think will find problems with your quality of service and demand more for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back