Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power of the mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickster

Most Helpful Member
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I
was rdanieg.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't
mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny
iprmoatnt tihng is taht the first and last ltteer be in the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still
raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

It makes my brain tingle when I read like that though =\
I wonder if it's good brain exercise =) It's gotta really mix things up in the visual cortex.

I am slightly dyslexic in the spelling department so that way of spelling is no harder for me to read than any other type! ;):D
It could also be why I can read back wards or upside down text with little trouble too! :p:D

I actually have very high reading comprehension and retention though!:) (Just crappy spelling) :eek:

In fact it looks just like my spelling when I dont pay attention or run it through the spell checker!:eek:

That first thread is a classic quote of typonese which is usually brought on by consuming a slab or 2 of good quality aussie Beer, if that was written whilst sober one really has to wonder about the OP's real job. whats the bet he will be a front runner for the next PM in the UK.

Try doing that now on the fly with regular speech. I think that article was written with that kind of readability in mind. I don't think it would work normally.

It wkros wtih pttery mcuh any wrod you tpye DK. I'll jsut blbbae hree for a few sdnoces and tehn rsrevee erevy letter in the wdros epecxt the fsrit and lsat.

I wonder if someone who their first language is not Egnilsh.

Do you think they might have trouble with it ?

kv

Eidt: Tihs is Cool. Could you tell I siwhtced the o's in cool.:D

Last edited:
Probably yes. People have problem with really long words to, I guess one of the mains reasons it works on smaller words better is simply there's less for the brain to have to work out.

Eidt: Tihs is Cool. Could you tell I siwhtced the o's in cool.:D

I thought I caught it! :p
Its like when I change the spelling of a persons name to protect their identity when I am talking about them in a public location! ;)

Dont want the general public to over hear and know who's a crooked or incompetent dumb ass in charge of a local business! :D

but anshfara sd thehrearafnge stpelling thishishheat o look like whenI typw fast and donet watchnmy fingers!

(But as far as the rearranged spelling goes, this is what it looks like when I type fast and dont watch my fingers!) ;)

At first I thought that this was someone asking for help with their school project, but then I realized that I could actually understand what had been typed! :D

Last edited:
blbbae = babble
sdnoce = seconds
rsrevee = reverse

Context must play a important role as well. I do not see seconds from sdnoce.

Oh, and your missing a letter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back