Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricano

(1)how many speed does a conventional wiper motor have?

(2)i know that the current draw by the motor is high,so i decided to use power mosfet to build a H-bridge and act as a SWITCH to turn on the motor connected to it.how should i do that?

(3)can microcontroller output enough to power up the power mosfet so that it can be used as a switch?

electricano said:
(1)how many speed does a conventional wiper motor have?

Usually about 120RPM at the highest speed, most are under 5A @ 12V

electricano said:
(2)i know that the current draw by the motor is high,so i decided to use power mosfet to build a H-bridge and act as a SWITCH to turn on the motor connected to it.how should i do that?

(3)can microcontroller output enough to power up the power mosfet so that it can be used as a switch?

There are many h-bridge circuits on the internet with information as to how to connect them to a microcontroller. I would suggest that you begin with one of these designs. But if you need to reverse the motor, than the h-bridge is the best way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back