Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power issues on Soundtech PMX200R

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibanez270dx

Hey guys,
I'm having an issue with my PA System... its a Soundtech PMX200R 200-watt Powered Mixer and it's been sitting in my room for almost a year without any use. The last time I used it, it worked flawlessly. Now when I try to turn it on, the only thing that turns on is the fan. The phantom power light illuminates if you press the button for it, but the main power light doesn't turn on at all. No power to the speaker, either. I took it apart and I know the main board is getting power because the fan is plugged into the board. I'm not sure how to proceed, as I'm not very knowledgeable on these kinda things. Here is a picture of the PA cracked open:
**broken link removed**

Any and all help is appreciated!!

Thanks,
- Jeff

check the power supply fuses (on the left near the power transformer connector) the power supply is the left third of the board, and the amplifiers are the other two thirds of the board with one channel being the back half and the other channel the front half. check to see if any of the output transistors are shorted. soundtech discontinued their external warranty service program and now only does repairs at their factory. so there are no shops that can order parts or are factory certified for soundtech. schematics are also difficult to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back