Power Genix NiZn Rechargeable AA Cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hello,

I had purchased a set of 4 of these Power Genix cells around August of 2010. I tested the four cells and they looked ok, but then one lost it's ability to hold a charge after only one or two charges. I wrote to the company, they sent me another set of 4 free of charge.

I hadnt used the cells for quite a while and measuring them they were around 1.3 volts. I used them for some small LEDs for a short time period, then didnt use them again for a few months. Now that i go to use them for a small flashlight that only draws about 120ma, they all died fast. Trying to recharge, they "charge" really fast (like in 5 minutes) and that means they are not accepting a charge anymore.

Strange as this sounds, it appears that one cell might be working. It has held it's voltage at around 1.6v for about a week now in an intermittent use in the small flashlight. That's one cell out of 8 cells that works after about 2 years of not using them.

I have also found reviews now on the web that suggest that these cells were all defective. There may have been a quality control issue in manufacturing, so many of them are shipped defective. Most of the reviews all say the same thing, that two cells out of 8 work or something like that, and that in a set of 4 at least one dies really fast. Same thing that happened to me when they were new.

So i am writing this review to caution any potential buyers that there is most likely some kind of defect in manufacturing that causes very early failures in these cells.

Is a class action lawsuit in order here? You be the judge. I was lucky as i only lost a bit over 20 dollars (USD) but i know some other people who even visit this site that have lost much more as they thought the company had a viable product to offer so they invested much more heavily.

If you have any additional information to offer i would like to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…