Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power electronics project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolrui

Hi!

Could anyone give me suggestions regarding a project for power electronics circuits? Would it be good to go ahead with dc-dc converter or does anyone have a better and more interesting suggestion??

Thanks,
Rui

How about a Class H or G power amplifier? Basically it's any other type of amplifier powered by a variable rail supply that's kept as close to the voltage needed by the primary amplifier for the signal it's needed to produce at any given moment. Can be as simple as a buck converter powering a class A amplifier to increase efficiency. Or as complex as buck-boost powering a class D amplifier to minimize switching losses in the output stage. Class H is changed in descrete steps (like low mid and high power modes) and Class G is continously variable, basically run from feedback from the input signal through a control loop.

Last edited:
Thanks

I think I'll go for a complex buck converter circuit analysis and add or drop stuff as I go along with the procedure.

Thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back