Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Designs bench power supply manual needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt60

I just had the pleasure of buying a Power Designs 3650-S bench power supply. Here is a link that shows some pictures of this beautiful device:

**broken link removed**

I would like to find a manual for this, but I have been unsuccessful so far. All I know is its a regulated DC bench power supply, 0-36V, 0-5A, and based on the diagram on the back of the unit, it is somehow programmable. Any information on this power supply is greatly appreciated.

As far as I can tell, this thing has better specifications than my Instek I use at work, which doesnt hit 32V or 4A. Plus the Instek is plastic and new looking, and costs more.

Thanks for any info,

-Chris P

and based on the diagram on the back of the unit, it is somehow programmable.
Usually by "programmable", all they mean is that you can set the voltage with an external resistor connected to the terminals on the back.

When you receive the unit, the instructions on the back will describe the procedure for selecting and attaching the programming resistor.

Im curious, Ive seen the backs of 2 of these, and they each showed different graphs (for programming). Why do 2 of the same model have different specs for programming?

And yes I noticed that the link I supplied showed an incorrect picture of the back (showed a model 1210-S). So I did indeed see the backs of 2 separate 3650-S models with different programming curves.

-Chris P

Been using my 3650-s for many years since rescuing it from a dumpster. Been working faithfully under abusive conditions. Only problem has been failure of the current limiter transistor which is a NPN I used a 2n2219 which was on hand and it works ok. What beautiful construction. If anyone comes up with a schematic I would like to get a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back