Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power bars and your pool. (photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture was being circulated a couple years ago, and the title call the gentleman "rednecks." aka American hillbillies, who we often like to make fun of. But I wasn't fooled, I recognized the the power strip as a european style. HA!

Last edited:
I found it when looking at a funny elevator sign in Sweden
**broken link removed**

And a not so funny movie of a fellow in India ontop of an electric train...

It's a staged photo. There's no heat or smoke from the hotplate, no sign of any food on or off the hotplate, no plates or the room to put the plates down and there is way too obvious a focus on the power cord situation.

I sort of suspect they would be fine actually. No one is completing the connection from line to ground. First person getting out of the pool get its big time though! :D

I dont know what the codes are else where but all outdoor outlets are GFI protected by law in the USA and have been by code for at least 15 plus years.

I could be wrong though. :p

But I wasn't fooled, I recognized the the power strip as a european style. HA!
What's to say this isn't in Germany?

Er, you're right, they're not naked so it's got to be fake!

given a choice I will take the instant train Vs the human pool stew electrocution.

It's the smoke that's so disturbing.
"Three people on a pole get electrocuted"

What are you referring too?
I only remember the video bonuk posted in the 'if you touch just one phase' thread.
Did I miss one some place?

If you have a nut that wont cooperate just use a bee smoker or fire extinguisher and gas him. Its harmless but very effective. Lack of breath makes anyone compliant eventually.

If I had to deal with a dummy that climbed a high line pole I wouldn't climb up after him!;)
Its a mistake that gets too many good people killed every year just over some dumb ass that the world would be better off without if he only fries himself. Just like in the train video. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back