Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power amps in bridge mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

I've got a couple of TDA2009's and want to set them up in bridge mode. now as min impediance is 4 ohms in bridge mode this would be 8 ohms. but what if I'm workig the chip at 12 volts instead of 24, at half voltage can't I use half speaker impediance as the current (amps) will be the same ?

well its all rated in 24 volts supply with some references to 18 volts (lowest is always 4R). my plan was on a multipurpose amp. at 24 volts I would need 8 ohms but i was thinking at 12 volts with the same load the amperage would also half so halving the load shouldn't do harm. I beleive they are protected IC's anyhow

min 4R on 24 volts

theres nothing about 12 volts

my calculation is that the amperage @ 24 volts on 8 ohms will be the same as @ 12 volts on 4 ohms. the chip does have current and temp shutdown so I guess I can but try and worst come to worse it will just switch off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back