Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potentiometer trimpot code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAce

Is there a chart that would explain the value of a given Potentiometer or Potentiometer trimpot?

I have some trimpots labeled
203XH
502XJ
104XJ

Any ideas or links?
THanks

Commonly the first two numbers are the value and the third is the number of zeros following the first two.

Thus the three above would be 20kΩ, 5kΩ, and 100kΩ.

Edit: Of course you could also measure them with an ohmmeter.

Last edited:
Hey thanks Crutschow, I need to get an ohmmeter yet (I want a nice digital one) so I havent forked out the $$$$ yet.

But your advice is much appreciated! Thanks

Also, I have several motherboards laying around puled from stereos and etc, and I see adjustable "box style" pots of some kind or another. Numbers such as
(typed as appear on unit)

B12

also one marked
B12

Any ideas? Thanks

Those appear to be manufacturers numbers with no specific coding for the resistance value. You'll need an ohmmeter for those.

To start with, just buy a cheap digital multimeter such as the Cen-tech. The cheapest can often be bought from Harbor Freight Tools for $1.99 on sale. I've had one for several years and they are adequate for most simple voltage, current, and resistance measurements.

Hey thanks a million, here I've been lusting after what the local Radio Shak had in stock (OVERPRICED.....) and prob no better quality then their soldering irons that keep burning up the tips. I really appreciate it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back