Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Polymer Lithium Ion battery charger MAXIM max1555 - why is this not available??

Status
Not open for further replies.

danjel

I tried to get a quote from Maxim to buy 350 of their max1555 chips but they rejected it since the part has lead in it and they won't sell to non-franchise distributors.

It seems crazy to me that this is the only battery charging IC I can find like this and they won't sell it to me.

The only place I have found it so far is at sparkfun.com and of course they are selling it at rip-off prices. Anyone know any other sources? maybe alternative ICs?

Thanks for the suggestion but neither of those are stocked by Mouser/Digikey and they are also more expensive (and too large... have extra un needed features)

Maybe tell us what features you do want, then.

Is it part of a battery powered device or standalone?
If it's stand alone, how about the MCP73833? I have a couple charges made with them.

If it's part of a device: MCP73871

Both of those are available at Digikey.

What about **broken link removed**? They seem to have them in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back