Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PMOS Current Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_bam

Hello
I am designing a PMOS current mirror in 350nm Cadence technology [attached].
Problem: keeping the dimension (W/L ratio) of both the PMOS transistors constant, I should get mirrored current the same as the reference current (according to mirror circuit principle). But I am not getting the same current as reference current. e.g.
-When my reference current is 10uA then the mirror current is 16.6uA with 5V supply voltage (Vdd)

When I change the supply voltage then the mirror current started getting better as e.g.
- reference current 10uA then the mirror current is 13.4uA with 3.3V supply voltage (Vdd).
-reference current 10uA then the mirror current is 10.3uA with 1.8V supply voltage (Vdd).

Dimension of MPO: W/L=10u/0.5u
Dimension of MP1: W/L=10u/0.5u

I would like to know How and Why my mirror current is changing with changing supply voltage (Vdd)?
Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 126
I would like to know How and Why my mirror current is changing with changing supply voltage (Vdd)?
It likely changes due to the finite drain-source resistance of the output MOSFET.
If you need the output current to be more constant with change in voltage, you could use a Wilson 3-transistor mirror, which uses negative feedback to greatly reduce that change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back