Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plz help transistor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezugudor

Plz guyz,
how do i get the base voltage and current of a transistor.
Do i need to use the base resistor value?if yes how do i do that

Plz guyz,
how do i get the base voltage and current of a transistor.
Do i need to use the base resistor value?if yes how do i do that

Start by reading this.

You haven't told anyone much. Present a circuit or explaining in detail what your goal is would help. The link affords a basic overview.

Ron

plz i still dont understand the link.just want to know how to calculate the base voltage and current when reading a schematic diagram

plz i still dont understand the link.just want to know how to calculate the base voltage and current when reading a schematic diagram

It depends on the transistor being used. All transistors are not created equal and they are not the same. There is no way to answer your question which is what I was getting at. The link tells you how in a basic application to calculate base resistors. You can't just toss out "a transistor" and expect a simple answer when there are thousands or transistor devices and each has a data sheet. If you are looking at a drawing using for example a 2N2222 basic switching NPN transistor then you would pull up a data sheet for that transistor.

Maybe someone else has a thought...

Ron

Typically the base-emitter voltage drop of a silicon bipolar transistor is one diode-drop or about 0.65V. You subtract that from the base resistor to emitter voltage to get the voltage across the base resistor. The base current is then the resistor voltage divided by the base resistor value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back