Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plz Help me playing with these leds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The minimum operating voltage is 12V with all those LEDs are connected in series.

I'm not going to bother.

I posted a circuit which will work which he's ignored.

There's clearly no point in trying to help as he won't listen anyway.

The minimum operating voltage is 12V with all those LEDs are connected in series.

I'm not going to bother.

I posted a circuit which will work which he's ignored.

There's clearly no point in trying to help as he won't listen anyway.

Sorry to let you down but I have tried your schema already and there was no hope, that's why I had to look for another solution. And this one worked for me like charm. The only thing that I want to improve is that I want it to sync with all kind of music source via 3,5mm jack not only from PC.
Thank audioguru for pointing out the problem of transistor for me, I will tried again and feedback asap.

By the way, I have said that I modified the posted schema to 9 leds connected in parallel with 9 v source. I have used a resistor calculator to calculate the ohm and amp of my resistor. So with 9 v source I can even connect more leds to my project in parallel as long as my resistor matches required ohm and amp. Am I right?

Last edited:
Again, you forgot to say which transistors you used and why you used two transistors.
Your LEDs are shown in series, not in parallel. LEDs in parallel do not work properly and the resistor wastes a lot of power because most of the battery voltage is across the resistor instead of across the LEDs.

Your cable appears to be for stereo but the transistors detect the difference between the stereo channels so will have no bass frequencies. Instead the input to a transistor must be through two current-limiting resistors so they add and the transistor turns on with bass frequencies.
You need to add an amplifying stage if you want more sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back