Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls reply a.s.a.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHMAD HASBI

I have no idea what is dot matrix,their circuit diagrams,all the component needs, the characteristic of the component, which component is suitable, and i've been looking everywhere but couldn't find the answer. please help me and sorry with my english

I have no idea what you are asking about.

If you want to know how dot matrix printers work check it up by doing a net search at 'www.howstuffworks.com/index'
Klaus

dot matrix display

I'm sorry for my last question (Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:00 am Post subject: pls reply a.s.a.p).
1)I've been asked to produce or to design the character display using 7x5 dot matrix display with character map in EPROM.
2) the size (display) about white board in the classroom.
3) I need all the information regarding this project including the decoder for display
4)according the first answer you have ask me (Do You think about dot matrix displays (LED or LCD)?) from my calculation I need 1240 LED and i have no idea by using LCD, I mean to build size of white board.
5) I hope you can give me both (LED and LCD) information.

I'm sorry about my english

)I've been asked to produce or to design the character display using 7x5 dot matrix display with character map in EPROM.
Who by?
2) the size (display) about white board in the classroom.
How big???
Ok, I really don't know where to start here so I have decided to keep things real simple. This is a big project... I get the feeling what is required here is a line (say 20 or so) of 5x7 charactor arrays as seen in shop windows with scrolling text right? I don't know where you got a figure of 1240 LEDS becuase 5x7 led arrays don't divide into that to give an whole number (or is that integer??). I get either (5x7) x 35 OR (35) x 36 to get 1225 or 1260 LEDS respectivly so it may be an idea if you clarify how you got to that figure...
I don't suppose you posted a similar article on HSW did you?

Cheap source for Dot Matrix LED Displays

Here's a good place to get your display.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back