Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls help- mosquito racket repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how's the mosquito situation in Toronto these days?

I live in a suburb of Toronto where mosquitoes are eliminated. Toronto is almost bankrupt and does not do many things that my city does. I don't know if Toronto eliminated mosquitoes, Big Kim should know.

We've probivly lost the original OP about 10 postings ago. Im pretty certain that 99.9% of the people that purchase these units use them in the way that I did, touching the bald heads, arms and hands of co-workers...giving them a shock. After that got boring, I took the guts out, and placed them in a unused cordless mouse, with the 2 wires on either side of the mouse body....got about 50 people with that one.

AHH!!!! Great idea.

Probably more like 99.99999%. There was exactly 1 guy in the entire purchasing history of the device who actually used it to swat mosquitos.

Toronto is almost bankrupt and does not do many things that my city does.
Almost bankrupt? :confused: I never would've expected that... always thought that town was progressive and took great pride in overall cleanliness, low crime, and and tourism towards drawing in Americans. Hmmm, it's saddening to hear that.:(

I bought 1 in China for $5 US dollars...hardly worth troubleshooting and fixing it...but i understand the desire to fix.

Weeelllll...I wouldnt say ELIMINATED ...but compared to Kapuskasing where I was born, there isnt exactly tons. In Kap, you can cut a window in the Mosquito swarms with a knife.
As far as Toronto, yes, it is having money troubles...like every other big city in the word, but its still one of the safest, cleanest, most enjoyable cities for our American friends to visit. As is usually the case Torontonians forget just how great thier city is...compared to most.
I just entertained 2 pepople from Camp Hill PA. from our head office, and they were thorougly in love with Toronto.
If anyone form this forum ever visits...Ill take them out for a coffee at one of our highest religious temples...Tim Hortons.

mosQuito RacKets,...

hello

i joined this forum today. i purchased a mosquito racket. now its not working. please tell me ,how can i trouble shoot this.

Pls check the transistor silicon BCE its B-C 0.6-0.7Volt with diode checker ??

and B-E also near same 0.6-0.7Volts DC.

and after that you check the Diode 1N4007 almost use there as doubler voltage with Cap mylar 0.22 uF/450VDC.

and also checking the wire mesh net.because almost the wire mesh net is shorted.

have a nice work;)

adrian engineers jakarta
:)

If anyone form this forum ever visits...Ill take them out for a coffee at one of our highest religious temples...Tim Hortons.
I may take you up on that someday... meantime we have Tim Horton's here in the states--- great coffee and food ---- the best coffee IMHO. My only gripe about TH is when will they get on the bandwagon and provide a sip-lid on their cups? Those lids they use currently are so outdated, coffee spills during travel, and they have sharp edges against one's lip. :(:(

well, our dollar staore has them now, seems buying another for a buck is the smarter way to go. Chased my co-workers with one and zapped them all on the back of the neck. Placed the circuit inside a mouse, and zapped a few people trying to use my computer...its a wonderful little circuit.
Did anyone find how to repair the mosquito racket.

Most of the Chinese rackets won't work more than 3 days. Troubleshooting is pointless such a crap thing.

I have seen the circuit board in those and the connections are awful. The original poster's problem may stem from poor solder connections. And if a user operates it as a fly swatter, it's sure to break from the cheapo styrene its made from. It's for swatting an insect in the air only while flying. Not for smacking it against a hard surface like a real swatter is capable of doing. HarborFreight Tools sells that garbage thing and while it's a complete waste of earth's resources some Chinaman is feeding his family fish and rice by holding down a job making those things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back