Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Please Wait" message on Samsung C1860FW Laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padre083#

My printer displays this message after starting up, and nothing will cause it to disappear. I repaired the A1-4111 error and when it started up, it proceeded to copy and print normally. When I put the side cover back on, I got the "Please Wait" message. I took the cover back off, but the message won't go away. Any ideas why this is happening? The printer had just had the initial start-up color rolls changed when the A 1-4111 code appeared.

Last edited:
can you tell if the fuser is heating up?

Can't tell, the "Please Wait" message has been on for three days now. Think it's time for the trash pile. Any suggestions on a trouble free color laser all in one printer?

I'd try taking it apart again, as you did for the original error - or further, any other easy to release and replace units.
Then put it back together again and see what happens.

The laser printers I've seen tend to have quite a few spring loaded connections between different parts, and it could just be a slightly tarnished contact somewhere, which may be fixed by removing and replacing whichever part is involved.

If that does nothing & you are considering it as junk - pick it up an inch or so and drop it on a hard surface!
Again, the idea is to rattle any electrical connections, but without enough force to damage the optics or mechanics..

Took it apart and tried it to no avail, dropped it about an inch with still no change in the notice. Seems really bad when a device has only been used for about eight months with just infrequent use, to have it just fall apart like this did. Bought it at Staples, and they wouldn't honor the warrantee unless I could find the receipt for the unit. Samsung transferred all printer operations to HP and they have been helpful but still no good action from the printer. Any suggestions on a "good" muti-function color laser printer?

Do you have a bank statement or credit card receipt showing the purchase? They should really accept any proof of payment as validation of the warranty.

For other printers, my personal favourite is Lexmark. They do some really good colour lasers; just try and make sure that you can get remanufactured or unbranded toner cartridges for whatever model you look at - when one first comes out that takes a new type, it can be quite a while before cheaper cartridge versions start to appear...

The ones for mine are supposed to be around £60 each; I can usually find them for £15 - 20 on ebay.

(Mine is an X544, which is no longer made - I've had it ten years or so; it does everything including double sided printing / scanning / copying etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back