Please recommend a good crimper for .100" molex headers (KK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyAyXGhF

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a crimper for .100" molex KK header pins. I plan on using 22-26ga wire, and expect to be doing several hundred crimps.

I like the ratcheting type and there are many on ebay, but I don't know which ones are compatible with the .100 molex KK header pins.

Molex has a line of ratcheting crimp tools. The literature for the "KK" terminals (i'm not familiar with those) will give you a reference part. E

I use this hobby level crimper from Servo City. Price is right; although, I have not used it with Molex-brand pins. It does handle that gauge wire and I prefer it to the single-action Radio Shack crimper.

**broken link removed**

John

I bought mine new from digikey... it's the only way to be sure you're getting what is the right tool for the flavor of connector you are using. I bought one handle and two heads, one for .100 and one for .156, as I use both types of connectors.

I am not familiar with the KK terminology either.

go to the molex website, find out what is the tool for use with your connector, and then match it on ebay.

I use it almost exclusively for servo connectors. It works fine for me and has a nice curled crimp on the wire. The pins I use are berg 48234-000 or similar (**broken link removed** ). I don't use Molex with it. When I use Molex, they are larger, and I use a different crimper.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…