Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please recommend a good crimper for .100" molex headers (KK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyAyXGhF

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a crimper for .100" molex KK header pins. I plan on using 22-26ga wire, and expect to be doing several hundred crimps.

I like the ratcheting type and there are many on ebay, but I don't know which ones are compatible with the .100 molex KK header pins.

Molex has a line of ratcheting crimp tools. The literature for the "KK" terminals (i'm not familiar with those) will give you a reference part. E

I use this hobby level crimper from Servo City. Price is right; although, I have not used it with Molex-brand pins. It does handle that gauge wire and I prefer it to the single-action Radio Shack crimper.

**broken link removed**

John

I bought mine new from digikey... it's the only way to be sure you're getting what is the right tool for the flavor of connector you are using. I bought one handle and two heads, one for .100 and one for .156, as I use both types of connectors.

I am not familiar with the KK terminology either.

go to the molex website, find out what is the tool for use with your connector, and then match it on ebay.

I use it almost exclusively for servo connectors. It works fine for me and has a nice curled crimp on the wire. The pins I use are berg 48234-000 or similar (**broken link removed** ). I don't use Molex with it. When I use Molex, they are larger, and I use a different crimper.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back