Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlc369

I purchased a Gold's Gym Power Spin 230R exercise bike for my mother for her birthday, which is this Sunday. The display screen on the bike can operate off of batteries or a power supply. It had batteries in it and the display was working fine. I plugged up my laptop power supply to test it, I know dumb move, and something got fried. I am a broke college kid with minimal electronic knowledge and need, by some miracle, to get this fixed as cheap as possible, hopefully just a blown transistor or something. Can anyone talk me through a fix for this, if you cant type it I would gladly call you for an explanantion.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks!

Its just the regulator or diodes at the front end that were damaged.
How can you rightly assume that? It could have damaged components further down the line. And telling him to look for burned out parts is also misleading. They may look physically burned but any good tech knows that components failures often show no outward physical stress. What he needs to do is see if a warranty exchange or repair can be honored. If he has never repaired electronic circuitry before it's the wiser and best move, preventing further problems. Instructing a newb on troubleshooting and testing components is very lengthy and guarantees nothing in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back